ABBEY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

Known Locally As Findlater's Church

ABBEY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

Abbey Presbyterian Church is a church located at Parnell Square, Dublin. Designed by architect Andrew Heiton of Perth, Scotland, it is a decorated Gothic building, with a spire 180 feet (54.9 m) high. The church was erected in 1864 with funding from Alexander Findlater, a Dublin merchant, and is known colloquially as "Findlater's church".

In the course about 150 years this church has gone through several name changes: Rutland Square Presbyterian, Abbey Presbyterian, and colloquially as ‘Findlater’s Church’ (after the Dublin merchant who paid for the construction of the building); and through seismic shifts culturally, historically, socially and economically.

LOADING